Sunday, January 1, 2012

Embracing Our DifferencesI

I just finished a painting I've been working on for a contest entitled Embracing Our Differences.    

This is the start of the painting.  This is different than work I typically do, but I loved the idea of the contest.  Check out the photo below, they take 39 pieces of art focused on the theme and put them on billboard size structures throughout a park in Florida.  I had to enter something, it's such a worthwhile celebration!  I decided to use a Vespa and Harley because when I first got my Vespa, I was so surprised that the Harley riders would nod when they passed me, wave or flip the Peace sign.  I loved it.  I knew I was different and I'm sure in their eyes a scooter was a huge step down from a Harley, but they respected me.  Love that!  To me, that's what diversity is about, being different and enjoying it, but also seeing the ways that we are the same.  If you're an artist, click on the link Embracing Our Differences and think about entering the contest!  The deadline is Jan 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment