Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who Needs to Clean Her Room?

I think I have about five projects going at one time in my room.  Sigh, I feel like a teenager, a messy teenager.  Anyway, still working on the dog display.  I have decided for one thing, that I'm going to make it about 1/3 smaller.  I went to Home Depot today and looked at different ideas for texturing the display.  In the end, I went back to what works for me....mod podge and tissue paper.  I don't know how it's going to turn out until I paint it, but I think it's better than it was.  I want to try the silver, ultimately that's the color I want to use, but I may have to try black if it's shine shows all the textural changes.

I'm also starting to think about doing a display for my necklaces.  I like the idea of the concrete wig head I did for myself, which is what I use to photograph my necklaces for my etsy site.  So I think I'm going to start with wig heads, but need a different finish.  Hmm...

And I also worked on some custom ideas to show to the retailers.
Painted silver.  I think I like it!  I may add texture to the bowl as well.  I don't want to, I like the contrast in texture, but it's so easy to see every little inconsistency when it's smooth.  Can't wait for the paint to dry so I can put the collar and tags on and see how it looks finished.
I think it's actually getting worse rather than better.  I decided the silver looked like tin foil so painted it black.  Sigh, probably time to sleep on it, hopefully my subconscious will come up with something better than my fully awake brain did.

No comments:

Post a Comment