Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wig Head as Necklace Display

I also need to come up with a display for my necklaces.  I want to do something similar to the concrete wig head I have in my room.  The one I use to photograph my necklaces.  I am considering getting wig heads, texturizing them and painting them, probably silver knowing me.  But then, I need something to hold the necklace and card sets.  This is my first attempt.

I don't want to make it so big that it will deter retailers from putting it on their countertops.  Originally I wanted to put two rows of the card sets, but I think that would just be too wide.  So, I went with one.  But I only made it 4" deep.  I'm going to try it at 6 inches and see how that looks.

The actual wig head will be smaller at the base than my concrete one (the concrete kept dripping down the wig head so it became wider at the bottom.)

And most of the day I've spent trying to make friends with the scroll saw and  making another attempt at the pet tag display.  I'll get there someday!  I enjoy the creative process, the part that scares me is having to make the same thing over and over after I finally get the design finished.  Ugh, I hate doing something more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment