Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hocking My Wares in Grants Pass

Today I visited Grants Pass with a friend of mine, Wibby, who grew up there.  Nice to have a local human showing me around!  I found an adorable boutique on "G" street to carry my necklaces.  It's called Tierra del Sol and is at 129 SW G Street.  Make sure you visit it if you are in Grants Pass.  They had some other jewelry I was lusting after.  Note to self; must spend commissions on business rather than jewelry!  I also spoke with Bruk at Urban Renewal, they are going to carry my necklaces, but are moving this weekend, so I'll visit them next week and drop off a selection.  On the way back to Jacksonville, we checked out the teeny, tiny town of Rogue River and found a little pet groomers, Personalized Grooming by Tarey, who are going to carry my pet tags.

All in all a productive day.  I also walked Immy around Jville this morning with Jeanena, my local contact and friend for all things "Jacksonville".  Then I ran into another friend and artist, Ron Moore, (fantastic photography!) who recommended I go by the Catholic Rectory.  It's one of my favorite historic buildings.  They were having it re-roofed and I was able to grab some of the old shingles to incorporate into my art work.  I'm DYING to create!
Wibby getting shingles out of the dump trailer for me.

The beautiful old shingles from the Catholic Rectory.

The Catholic Rectory.  One of my favorite buildings in Jacksonville, it's so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment