Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Logo Almost Done

Well, I think this is it for the new logo, although I'm still not sure.  Ugh.  I do want to paint the text portion so once I do that I guess I'll know.

Now that Immy has her "I heart art" tag, it makes me laugh even more when she poses by my art.  I did sit her down for this shot, but often when she sees me with camera in hand she'll come running and turn towards the camera and be still.  It's so funny.  What would I do without Immy to make me laugh?

And this is the painting I'm working on now.  Part of my 2012 goal was to enter 5 contests so I keep browsing through the calls to artists.  The subject for this contest is completely unlike me, but the graphic ideas that came to mind interested me.  I love simple, linear shapes, geometrical shapes and bright, contrasting colors.  I'm going to leave this painting really simple, enter it and see how it does.  I'm not sure if I'll ever post the entire piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment