Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Preparing for an Internship

Definitely a good idea to do this blog. It forces me to think about a creative career everyday. I notice that even on the days that I am in school for Interior Design, I also want to make sure I do something for my art. I think to find my calling, I will need to figure out a way to meld the two.

Today I started my first CAD class. Ugh, computers scare me, but so far so good. I also worked on updating my resume so that I can begin to look for an Interior Design internship. For the program I'm in, I will need to do two internships prior to getting my degree. Experience is always a good thing, so I'm excited by the opportunity but also overwhelmed at the specifics of fitting unpaid work into my life. Mostly the fact that I commute via Vespa. It makes commuting in professional garb a bit more challenging.

I also worked on my 5th texture painting. I think this one will be my favorite, which makes sense. They should evolve the longer I work on the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment