Friday, January 22, 2010

Art Fairs

I spent the entire day working on art. It started with hauling home 5' mdf pieces on the scooter. Always an interesting adventure. I then pulled the miter saw out and set it up on my little apartment deck. About an hour and 6 canvases later, I'm sure the neighbors loved me. But, the good news is that I can continue creating rather than being stalled.

I'm also mulling over this idea of doing art fairs. It might be a good idea since I'm so afraid of the future, of actually making a living in Interior Design or some other creative activity. This might be an additional income while I figure the whole thing out. And, it might give me a creative outlet on the weekends if I end up doing office work again. Ugh, I can't stand to even think of that possibility!

2 comments:

  1. I want to know what kind of miter saw! The Home Depot guy who cuts my masonite seems to be getting irritated...

    Art Fairs can be very profitable, I used to do them long ago and made my living that way. No office work! Stay with the creative venue, you'll make the dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have my own power tools, I no longer have to ask those Home Depot guys for help, except the occasional cut to get the pieces short enough to get home on the Vespa. I have a Ryobi that I purchased from Home Depot. It's not the most expensive one, but not the cheapest either. You might try craigslist for power tools as well. I bought a table saw for cheap on craigslist. I think guys often purchase power tools new and never use them. Let me know if you end up with any questions. ANd thanks for the good wishes on avoiding office work!!

    ReplyDelete