Friday, January 1, 2010

Experimenting with Texture

I've decided to try different ways of incorporating texture into my artwork. I've been doing a lot of paintings with squares making it more 3-d. This is a takeoff of that idea. I used different materials leftover from my Interior Design projects and glued them to my wood canvas. Then I mod-podged tissue paper to even out the seams and finally painted using only two colors; Raw Umber and Titanium White.

I really like the way it turned out. :)

I also am working on the notion that along with the creative side, in order to have a "creative life", I also need to work on marketing myself and my work. To that end I'm trying to figure out a logo to use for business cards and as a banner for my etsy site. I also ordered a tripod today for my camera. At Christmas I spoke with my Uncle Evan, who is a photography buff (along with being an English Professor), and he gave me a few tips for taking better photos of my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment