Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day after Day...

Today I went to Ashland to check in with some of my retailers.  Stopped at Thomas Lee Gallery and snapped a pic of my necklaces.  Love that gallery, fabulous art.  Then went to Love Revolution and traded out the Valentine's necklaces for custom ones that have hearts on the front and their logo on the back.  They will make great gifts, I hope their clients respond well.  That is a really cool store too.  Yes, a sex type of store, but it so focused on sensuality and romance...with all the fun stuff in the back room.  ;)  Also stopped at Crown Jewel to drop off some more pet jewelry, they had done a really good job of placing my display.  I appreciate it when retailers do that, it makes such a difference in sales.  And last, stopped at Ashland Pets to change out their display for one with a personalized pet tag.  All in all a good, productive morning, followed by hummus and chips from the co-op.  Yum.

And then I spent the afternoon at Art du Jour.  Immy is starting to think it's her second home.  We walk in and she runs around and wags hello to everyone, helps herself to Prince's food and water and then lays down and sleeps.  Nice.  Talked with Margo about the Third Friday map, upcoming Jacksonville Celebrates the Arts and got some helpful critique on my paintings.  I told her I NEEDED a critique group.  I guess it's something she's thought of putting together before, so I am really hoping it gets off the ground.  I hate rejection but really do respond to helpful, constructive criticism.  With this creative block...i really need it!!

And spent the night working on ideas for the new paintings.  I keep looking at the circles and lines I started with.  Visually I am so drawn to charts and graphs.  That is where my retail design started, the one from the Int'l competition.  I feel like I want to do something along those lines, but in a more personal way.  I'm thinking about writing down my thoughts throughout the day and looking for patterns.  Part of my draw to the order of graphs is that my mind goes in so many directions, scattered, creative, crazy (?).  I like order contrasted with reality.  Not sure where this will go, but at least I'm moving forward in my art.  I want to do something that continues with the style I am drawn to, but becomes more personal, has meaning in my life.  I also keep thinking about Alzheimers, doing something that relates to G's blog and working through the disease artistically.  It might help.

Found out a close friend has breast cancer.  I know that has nothing to do with my art, but it does.  Stuff like that makes you fear the fragility of life.  I know she will come through it, she's a strong woman.  I will be pray daily and appreciate every moment of life where I have the joy of painting and creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment