Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Working Through The Pain

Displays.  I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and convinced myself I could make it through the day without letting it affect me.  Ouch.  Easier said than done.

I worked on the displays this morning.  I think I'm going to do a zipper display for the Lust Charms.  Initial concept on the left.  It will look better than that when finished.  I also think I'm going to make it two sided so I have womens charms on one side and mens on the other.  I was cracking myself up trying to come up with tag lines for Lust Charms.  I thought "for sexier unzipping", but the BF came up with "unzip your passion".  He also came up with a fabulous idea for a 2nd product under the "lust" line.  I have met my match creatively!

The 2nd display above is for the Art Charms.  I kept the same display I started with, but took off the charm bracelet and hooked a key chain to the hand.  I think I like that better.  The one on the right will be the "fashion charms" or "style charms".  I'll do the display a bit differently with pegs to hold the charms, like the other displays, but I think the headless torso will be similar.  I think i will offer two types of necklaces for sale along with the charms on the fashion display.

On the good news side of things....I got an email from a gallery I work with in Poulsbo, Washington.  They offered my name as an artist to display in a crepe shop closeby.  Because they are so far away, they have an inventory of my paintings, I think about 10 of them, so the idea is to take the ones they are rotating and hang them in the crepe shop.  I hope it works out.  I'm waiting to hear from the Crepe owner.

I also got a call from a fellow artist and was asked to participate in a one day art show in the Medford area.  She said the manager of the locations saw my paintings and liked them.  That is just the type of thing I like to hear.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment