Monday, April 2, 2012

Pagelet and Music


photo.php.jpg
I am really  missing my girls today and since part of "living my creative life" has been moving away from them, I'm going to include them in my blog today.  This is Page, my youngest daughter.  Click here to watch one of her youtube videos.   She has such a sensitive, sweet voice.  She writes some of the songs herself and has not taken any lessons.  I think she's amazing.

Page is in her senior year of high school, which she is taking at a community college in the Seattle area.  She will graduate with her high school diploma and her associates degree in June, then she's on to UW.  In order for me to be able to care for my grandmother, Page had to give up having me around for her last year of high school.  When my parents asked me to move to Oregon and care for my Gramma, of course, I told my parents "no, not until Pagey graduates".   Page said when i was talking to them, it was the first time she had seen me smile in a long time, it was during the offer to turn G's garage into a studio for myself.  Pagey told me she didn't want Great Gramma to go into a nursing home and she wanted me to be an artist.  I could not love anyone more than I love my three daughters and today, I want to acknowlege Pagey's selfless support of my dreams.

I love you Pagelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment