Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Absurdities of Life

Life really is absurd at times.  Which I love.  That is I love the good absurd, not the painful absurd.  Here is my absurd day.  Spent half of the night getting up with Gramma who was hallucinating about my Grampa on the fishing boat.  Grampa passed away about ten years ago and I didn't want to remind her so we just talked about Grampa.

Morning,  did the girl primp thing, while at the same time emptying the commode and all the fun caretaking duties.  Into the nursing home to drop G off at Respite.  Got a call from Margo at the gallery.  Now, I have to say, the pear painting I just completed was done painstakingly.  Not the art/creative part (that part is always done painstakingly), but the building of the canvas.  That's been my biggest criticism from gallery owners, my attention to detail.  So carefully I had built this thing, even redoing a few things when they weren't perfect.  My main goal; make Margo (who I consider my mentor) proud.  Call from Margo, "two of your pears have fallen off".  WHAAA????!!

On my way to see the BF, but she was going to put the painting in the gallery window, can't pass that up.  Ran to store, E6000, trip to gallery, reglued pears.  Done.

Off to see BF.  Very nice respite from being a caretaker.  And like five minutes later, I'm swatting at balloons in the nursing home.

Somewhere in between all of that, I started making a necklace, charm bracelet and keychain to test my charms.  I walked around covered in charms and not happy with some of jewelry items.  I'm just not quite getting the concept/marketing plan where I want it.  I'm going to know when I hit on the right way to market each of the categories of charms, I just have to keep processing and thinking (aka head spinning).  So...I ask everyone.  Faeebook, love my facebook friends!  Great input.  Walk into the bank, ask G's favorite teller Robin what she thinks.  She says, "zipper pull" make the display a zipper pull.

Bells started going off.  Of course....I doubt that she had any idea I was thinking of my Lust Charms, especially considering I haven't really brought it up to anyone yet.  I just created them last weekend.  What better way to display charms to sell in sex type stores than on half undone pants?  (There is a story behind the lust products, mainly that I'm looking for niche markets and....sex sells).  So here I am, in between blushing and laughing making a display for sex charms, while at the same time texting my close friend Susan, who started chemo today and two of my daughters.  One who was going into a job interview and the other who wanted her first credit card.

All I'm saying....is that life is absurd.  And ...the more absurd the harder I laugh.  ;)  Raise your glass to the absurdities of life!

These are the Lust Charms.  Did I forget anything?  ;)
And then to finish out the day, I'm making Immy's 1930's outfit for Third Friday.  Doesn't she look beautiful in a dress?  I don't know why, but whenever I dress her up I get almost hysterical laughing.  She's just so funny in her misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment