Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Starving Artist


I just moved to Jacksonville, Oregon with the purpose of taking care of my Gramma so she does not need to live in a nursing home. Beyond loving my Gramma and wanting in some small way to pay her back for everything she's done for me, I also was "bribed" by my parents with the offer of Gramma's garage as my art studio. I'm pretty excited. Reading back from when I started this blog a year a half ago, my goal that I couldn't even picture, was to live a creative life. Slowly I'm getting there.

Also, quite a life change. I just got back from riding my Vespa (to save money on gas) to the Grocery Outlet (otherwise known to me as the cheap-ass-grocery-store) and realized I have become a starving artist!

But, on the subject of my art. I have 29 paintings hanging in Issaquah Coffee for the month of August and half of September. Very exciting for me, it's the first time I've had so many paintings hanging in one place. And, keeping my goal of supporting myself as an artist in mind, I bravely contacted the Issaquah Press and requested they do an article. They were receptive (shock) and are going to interview and photograph me on Aug. 18th. I'm excited, except for the photograph part. The "starving" part of my goal has not affected my body yet... :( It's hard to put myself out there, but I try to think of cammydavis.com as a separate entity from myself. It's the only way I can try and promote myself! Ooh, I also got the DDI Magazine today and saw my 2nd place project in print. Pretty cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment