Saturday, August 13, 2011

Celebrate Jacksonville in the Art



This morning I walked Immy, as per usual and saw a little farmers market on the museum grounds in Jacksonville. I introduced myself to the artists who were showing their work. Turns out they have a little Saturday group that shows their work through the summer. They were all so welcoming and nice. I think I may join them on the 27th.

The following weekend is Labor Day and I will be doing Jacksonville Celebrates the Arts in the same location. After seeing their work, which was focused on the history of Jacksonville and seeing the weekend tourist crowd, I think I will update my artwork to meld history and abstract. For a while I've been pondering including famous buildings in my paintings via photoshop. I like the idea of the historic buildings contrasting with the bright colors I typically use.

So, tonight Immy and I walked around Jville and took photos of some of the historic buildings. I tried to put Immy on the porch in all the photos, you can barely see her though. I had to tie her to the porch post and then walk way across the street to get the whole building(s) into the frame. I also had a problem with cars since there was a concert at the Britt. So, I am going to pry myself out of bed really early tomorrow and try to get some more photos.

At this time I think I'm going to make necklaces and maybe some framed prints of the photoshoped images. I'm kind of excited at the possiblity. To make it even more fun (at least in my strange and bored mind) I'm going to call the series Celebrate Jacksonville in the Art. I wonder how it will be received. Hm..

The photo I'm attaching today is the Nunan House which is right behind my Gramma's home. If you walked into the backyard of the Nunan House and turned left you'd be in my Gramma's backyard. Well, you'd have to climb a fence and fight off the wicked guard dog (Immy). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment