Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happiness

I felt so happy today!!  When I started my art business almost 3 years ago, I would go out on the apartment deck, set up my table saw on the floor (it barely fit) and piss off the neighbors by hammering and sawing to build my canvases.  Not only did I annoy everyone around me but it was pretty unsafe.  Today I just finished building a table for my miter saw, a table for Mom's scroll saw and a work table.  The work table is even big enough to build a canvas on top of, no more nailing on the floor!

Not only does this hugely impact my art business, but on a personal level I feel like I'm home.  In the past years, whenever life felt lonely (often) or cold, I would think about working in my dad's woodshop at the Winchuck with the sun shining.  I've often missed how simple life was back then.  Today, standing in G's garage, realizing that my parents and Gramma have given me back my security and peace.  I have a woodshop and studio.  I have sunshine most days.  I have people who love me closeby.  I think the only thing missing is my girls.  I miss them terribly.

I spend so much time in Home Depot with all of my projects they are starting to recognize me (poor them).  ;)  These are Dianne and Brandon.  I forced them to pose for me.  It is people like this who help me build my business, whether they realize the extent of their help or not.
And even while taking pics of the workbenches....what I notice are the vertical lines of the tables and the shadows from the sun.  Cool graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment