Saturday, October 8, 2011

Never ask for input AFTER you think you are finished!

Okay, this is midway into the painting, I painted a few more flower in and then I asked for input from Gramma (thinking I was finished and happy with it).  She is so detail oriented.  She said, the leaves are too little.  She was right.  But...I should know better than to overwork a painting.

So this is where I'm at now.  Yes, the leaves needed to be larger, but now there is too much green.  I'm going to set it aside and hope with fresh eyes in the morning it will either look better, or I can figure out how to save it.  The problem is, not sure if you can tell from the photo, there is no underpainting or background.  The white color is the texture.  So, how to get rid of some of the overworked green without ruining the sketchy look I wanted?  Would love input.

No comments:

Post a Comment